Things To Do While You Are Waiting For The Call About A House

Pace.

Fret.

Check phone is plugged in.

Try to read a book.

Put book down as can’t focus on plot line.

Online shop for new things for the new house, even though you probably won’t get the new house.

Panic a bit that you might have chosen the wrong house.

List all good things about the house.

Panic that you won’t get the house.

Eat some crap.

Check phone. Again.

Realise that if you get good news you will have to pack every bit of shit in this house and move it.

Panic about packing.

Realise that if you don’t get it then it is back to lurking on Rightmove until something else you like turns up.

Panic you won’t get it.

Resolve to put it out of your mind.

Fail at resolution immediately.

Remember that they told you it wouldn’t be until tomorrow that they let you know anyway.

Breathe.

Decide that they could ring early if there is news.

Go to shop for booze.

Panic that they rang while you were at shop. Or that if they ring now they definitely won’t give you the house as they will be able to smell the wine over the phone and will decide you are an unsuitable alcoholic.

Hit self over head for a bit.

Remind self, repeatedly, that there are people going through FAR worse things than your minor domestic trauma.

Get a grip for a bit.

Glare at telephone for having the audacity not to ring.

Decide if you don’t get this house then the entire ordeal is not worth going through again.

Decide you like this flat anyway, so what if sometimes drunks urinate outside?!

Remember why you are going through this.

Etcetera.

Ring, damn you.....

Ring, damn you…..

Love Miss ‘slightly anxious, can you tell?’ Cisco

Share:

16 Comments

1. April 3, 2014 / 7:59 am

Fingers crossed it rings with good news today, good luck!

2. Jennifer Howze
    April 3, 2014 / 9:20 am

I think you left out “Be tempted to ring them and offer more money for the house, just in case.”
    Jennifer Howze recently posted…Wales: Mountain biking in Afan ValleyMy Profile

3. April 3, 2014 / 12:07 pm

I hate moving, like Sarah said, everything about it is stressful. Hoping you get some good news today! xx
    Mummy Glitzer recently posted…Follow Up and LimboMy Profile

4. MW
    April 3, 2014 / 12:14 pm

Haha I know that feeling. We just sent in an application for this flat and now we don’t go even five minutes without checking our email. 🙂
    MW recently posted…Easy Homemade Baby FoodMy Profile

5. April 3, 2014 / 2:27 pm

You forgot the ‘realise the house won’t be big enough to fit everything in, even though it seemed it at the time’ (or is that just me?)
    jo recently posted…In Your HeadMy Profile

• Sonya Cisco
      April 3, 2014 / 4:04 pm

Oh I know it isn’t big enough , you have been in my current flat, I don’t think there is a house that can compete, but I really want a garden, even if it means me losing some books, and Andy agreeing that some of his many guitars could reside in the loft! 😉

• April 4, 2014 / 12:54 pm

I bet you’ll fit it all in! I know when we moved here (3 bedrooms, our huge living area) I was stressed out nothing would fit, despite gaining pretty much two rooms. I think all this is normal – if you weren’t stressed I’d be worried!

So have you heard yet? Fingers crossed! Xx
        jo recently posted…In Your HeadMy Profile

• April 4, 2014 / 7:29 pm

we didn’t get it 🙁 – back to the search, but the right place will some along xx

6. Lorna Edar
    April 12, 2014 / 4:14 am

I think if i were you, id like to drink some wine or take some honey to calm down my brain, but sure i’ll go panic too especially if i really like the house…

This could be part of a movie, the telephone and I or something similar… hehe just thinking ..
    Lorna Edar recently posted…Amaia Steps MandaueMy Profile