General Election Outcome – My Dad’s thoughts.

I was going to write something about my reaction to the outcome of the election yesterday. But then my Dad sent me this email, and it said everything I felt really. So instead of my thoughts, here are his. My Dad rocks.

polling

“Great news for business, if you are a food bank manager expect great growth. If you are a landlord you can increase rents whenever you like and not give security to your tenants even though this is their only home.

Boris can continue his social cleansing of London by allowing building of outrageously priced properties in place of  previously low rent properties. London will soon be a totally homogenised “hooray henry only zone”. I’ ve seen what they’ve done to Soho. All wine bars and chinless wonders, no character at all.

Great news if you are ill as long as you have BUPA, otherwise expect ever increasing waits.

Hooray the bedroom tax continues, tough if your disabled and need room for equipment or for carers. Then again in Tory eyes they are all scroungers.

The super rich, can expect tax reductions, after all the poor things have only doubled their income in the last five years.

Pawnbrokers will expand as people try desperately to make ends meet. Zero hours contracts will leave people unable to budget, plan, save, keep a roof over their heads, eat.

The NHS will suffer as more enforced privatisation takes place.

Schools will suffer as more so called free schools take the lions share of the budget. The reason for this is the trend for former ” fee paying” schools converting to free schools, so the wealthy no longer pay fees they can well afford but, of course, those at the bottom pay for them through taxes and reduced spend on the rest of schools.

The brakes will now be off for the tories. We can only imagine and fear what they have planned for those already struggling.

On the other hand they failed to achieve any of their objectives last time so maybe they will fail again
Who voted for this barbarous gang of posh boys. They will soon regret it.

Dad”

Share:

15 Comments

1. May 9, 2015 / 11:09 am

Well said Bob!

I think Neil Kinnock’s speech is just as relevant today as it was then…..

[Replace Thatcher with Cameron]

If Margaret Thatcher is re-elected as prime minister on Thursday, I warn you.

I warn you that you will have pain–when healing and relief depend upon payment.

I warn you that you will have ignorance–when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right.

I warn you that you will have poverty–when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can’t pay.

I warn you that you will be cold–when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don’t notice and the poor can’t afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work–when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don’t earn, they don’t spend. When they don’t spend, work dies.

I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light.

I warn you that you will be quiet–when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient.

I warn you that you will have defence of a sort–with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding.

I warn you that you will be home-bound–when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up.

I warn you that you will borrow less–when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If Margaret Thatcher wins on Thursday–

– I warn you not to be ordinary

– I warn you not to be young

– I warn you not to fall ill

– I warn you not to get old.
    Lynn Fancy recently posted…Do You Know Your Aurora Borealis from Your Elbow? Transun CompetitionMy Profile

• May 10, 2015 / 7:55 am

Great speech from Neil Kinnock and well done to your Dad too. As bad as things are in Ireland, I will be staying here as they seem a lot worse in the UK. I can’t believe what has happened to the country of my birth. And the saddest thing? Many of my friends and family in the UK are completely unaware of all the hardship.
        Looking for Blue Sky recently posted…On begging for servicesMy Profile

2. May 9, 2015 / 12:02 pm

Well said your dad…..Lets hope he’s right and they fail to achieve any of their objectives if not we’re screwed! :/ x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Project 365 – Week 19My Profile

3. Hilary
    May 9, 2015 / 12:59 pm

Hear hear from Hil and Mike! We have to put up with his smug face for the next five yrs too!.B.T.W. Mike and I love reading yr blog.We think yr style is very much like Catlan Moran.She has an excellent article in this weeks Times on migration.Keep on blogging and yes you shd write a book!

4. May 9, 2015 / 3:43 pm

Very well said indeed. I am scared and sad for the country, for those who need the government to help them, for anyone who is not the Tory idea of perfect.
    Mrs TeePot recently posted…The Prompt: WonderMy Profile

5. May 10, 2015 / 7:05 am

Your dad and my dad should meet because I think they would get on like a house on fire!

I still keep hoping that I’m going to wake up and find Thursday night / Friday morning was just a bad dream.
    Catherine (@pushingthemoon) recently posted…Word of the Week – GrowMy Profile

6. May 10, 2015 / 8:04 am

He is amazing! He’s summed up the outcome of the election far better than anyone else I’ve read. Fingers crossed that they fail, eh?
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 10.5.15My Profile

7. May 10, 2015 / 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing your dad’s thoughts, I think they are representative of how so many people feel right now. I keep wondering how we, as bloggers, can use our voices for good in light of the election results and how many people feel that their voices were unheard, and I then I see people are already out there, doing just that 🙂
    Amanda recently posted…Thoughts on the Election: Fear for the Future and a Passion for ChangeMy Profile

8. May 11, 2015 / 11:11 am

The reason they failed in most of their objectives over the last five years is that they had the Lib Dems at their side. This time, they have a majority themselves and from what I’ve read plan on putting a huge amount into place over the first 100 days or so, relying on their backbenchers to be high from victory. There is some hope, they have a small majority and a comparatively large number of M.Ps who are more than happy to rebel. As I said to you on Friday, lets hope Labour, SNP and Libs can band together and with enough rebels they Tories might not get all they want. x
    RachelRealLife recently posted…The Election Fall OutMy Profile

9. May 12, 2015 / 7:51 am

Well said! Your Dad has got it spot on. I feel so sad that the tories are back in and I’ll be going on the march in June x
    mamasyder recently posted…Falling Into His LoveMy Profile