So I am continuing January’s health kick by adding fruit to cake. Yep, not quite managed the diet yet, but the fruit is a start right? Last week was banana and chocolate chip loaf, this week I went for cherry and chocolate muffins.
- 2 medium eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200g caster sugar
- 300g self-raising flour
- 100g chocolate chips or chunks
- 200g of dried or tinned cherries. If using dried add 25ml extra milk
- In a bowl mix the eggs, oil and milk.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Add the flour, the cherries and the chocolate - fold mixture together - being careful not to over mix.
- Pop into 12 muffin cases and bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Delicious. I loved them, the boys loved them, and there are still more left for this morning. Might have one with a cup of coffee in just a minute. The diet can wait until next week eh?!
So who has a brilliant suggestion for my next fruit and cake combo – maybe apple cake? Or do you have a recipe you could recommend?
Love Miss Cisco XXX