I love Coffee Kisses, they are a gorgeous bite of flavour, part way between cake and biscuit and have the most charming of names. However, I also have a 4 year old, and while coffee icing is one of the most awesome things known to man, 4 year olds and caffeine really are not – hence experimenting with Salted Caramel Kisses instead!
- 150g plain flour
- 75g butter or similar spread
- 75g caster sugar
- one medium egg
- 1 teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring
- For the filling; 50g icing sugar
- 25g softened butter
- few drops of salted caramel flavouring
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/180 degrees C and grease two baking trays.
- Rub together the butter and flour to form breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and salted caramel flavouring and stir into a stiff dough.
- Using a teaspoon place small dollops of the mixture, well spaced out, onto the greased baking trays. I got 30 out of this mix, try to aim for an even number so you can sandwich!
- Bake for approx 10 minutes until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from baking tray and onto a cooling rack.
- While they are cooling make the filling.
- Beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the icing sugar and salted caramel flavouring.
- When the kisses are competely cooled, sandwich together with the buttercream.
Totally delicious, even before they were cooked….
These little morsels of loveliness are easy enough to make with the kids, and delicious enough to be gone in a flash!
Love Miss Cisco XXX