I had my parents coming for dinner the other day, and was also trying to get ahead of myself with blogging and my open university course before the kids broke up for the holidays. I wanted to make a nice dessert for after our meal, but I didn’t want to spend ages doing it. So I made this strawberry and white chocolate cheesecake tart. If like me you cheat by buying a ready made sweet pastry case, it takes only minutes to make, but looks and tastes delicious!
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 small tub of soft cheese
- 30g icing sugar
- 1 sweet pastry case (ready made or bake your own)
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 2 tsp strawberry jam
- 1 tsp water
- Melt the white chocolate
- Beat the melted chocolate, cream cheese and icing sugar together.
- Pour the mix into the tart case and smooth over.
- Decorate the top with halved strawberries.
- Mix the jam and water together in a mug/bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt.
- Brush the jam mix over the top of the strawberries.
- Chill until set.
So quick and easy to make and totally delicious, plus looks soooo pretty! I would have been happier with the presentation had the strawberries been a little smaller – at the moment they all seem to be huge which makes tessellation tricky, but even so I am delighted with the end result. I love how simply melting a little jam gives it that shiny patisserie look too – who knew it was that easy?!
Delicious and gone in a flash,
Love Miss Cisco XXX