Spring is here bringing with it a new season of tasty green vegetables. This pasta recipe is quick to make with a lovely fresh flavour – perfect for lunch or an easy supper.
- 250g fresh tagliatelle
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 big clove garlic
- 200g baby spring greens
- large handful of baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- olive oil
- Wash the spring greens and chop out the large stalks.
- Roll the spring green leaves and slice into ribbons approx the same width as the tagliatelle.
- Add 30g of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan over a low heat. Allow the butter to melt into the oil.
- Add the garlic (crushed or finely diced) and the spring greens and cook slowly for approx ten minutes until soft.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, a knob of butter and the baby spinach to the spring greens and stir through. Allow the spinach to cook down for a few minutes until wilted.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions.
- Drain the tagliatelle and add to the pan with the green veg and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste. Lots of black pepper would be my choice!
- Serve with slithers of vegetarian Italian hard cheese, a sprinkle of lemon zest, fresh bread and extra lemon for squeezing.
This is so tasty and spring greens are very good for you – I can’t claim it is healthy due to all the lovely, unctuous butter – but you can’t win them all! I use Sainsbury’s Italian hard cheese as I am a veggie – it tastes and works exactly like parmesan, but of course for those of you who aren’t veggie the real thing will be just fine! I like to squeeze some fresh lemon over as I eat, and use a lovely slab of crusty bread to mop up any leftover juices. Delicious, simple and quick – my sort of meal!
Love Miss Cisco XXX