My new job has massively impinged on the time I have to bake, so one of the first things I did now both the kids and I are on holiday for the summer was head back into the kitchen. Having been on a bit of a brownie roll lately I have continued in the same vein with these white chocolate and lemon blondies. I always think lemon is a great flavour for summer bakes, the citrus zing seems to go so well with sunshine!
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 225g melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- ½ a jar of lemon curd
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until well combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the melted butter, a little at a time.
- Fold through the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Put half the batter in the bottom of a 8 inch square brownie tin
- Dollop spoon fulls of lemon curd over the batter, try to make sure every square of cooked blondie will get some, you can swirl it a little to make sure. I used about half a jar of lemon curd in mine.
- Cover the lemon curd with the rest of the blondie batter.
- Bake at 180 for approx 30 mins until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.
This is no light weight summer pud, it is still gloriously squidgy and heavy like a brownie, but the lemon gives it a lift, and they were utterly delicious with a blob of ice cream on a hot day,
Love Miss Cisco XXX