I am Sonya Cisco, I am 42 and live in West Dorset with my three children – Betsy (19), Max (12) and Syd (4) and my punk rock other half, Andy.
I spent 15 years playing in bands at various festivals and insalubrious locations throughout Britain and Europe. These days I am more likely to be making a swiss roll than rock’n’roll, hence the title of my blog ‘The Ramblings of a Formerly Rock’n’Roll Mum’ , but I can still be persuaded to strap that bass guitar back on for special occasions.
I have far too much to say, an opinion on everything, but am always open to discussion. I love music, cooking, sci-fi, gadgets, books and various kitsch ephemera. I am a collector of stuff. And I like biscuits a little bit too much. When I am not here you can find me writing for the Mirror.co.uk, BritMums and Mumsnet.
The Ramblings of a Formerly Rock’n’Roll Mum has received the following accolades:
- Finalist in the Fresh Voice Category in the Brilliance in Blogging Awards 2013, and Shortlisted in the Humour Category of the same awards in 2014.
- One of the Tots100 Top 20 parent bloggers on Twitter 2014.
- Included in New Generations Top 10 Bloggers to Watch in 2013
- Finalist in the Swans 2013 for Funniest Blog Post.
- Speaker at the BritMums Live and Mumsnet Blogfest blogging conferences.
- Featured in At Home Magazine
- Netmums Blog of the Week
- Britmums Good Read
- Tots100 Good Read
- Inclusion in Tots100 50 Best Posts of 2012
- Mumsnets Blog of the Day.
- Nominated in the MADS 2013, 2014, 2015
- Miss Cisco writes the monthly politics round-up for Britmums.
- Included in Rebatezones Top 50 Mummy Bloggers in the UK
Want to get in touch? Email me at email@example.com.