I am just back from my sons Nativity play, which this year was ‘The Hoity-Toity Angel’
In this play the following things happened:-
- Angels danced to The Rolling Stones.
- Shepherds danced to Thin Lizzy.
- My son sawed a girl in half.
- An angel waxed his legs.
- A gang of height restricted James Bonds did some stylish torchlight manoeuvres to ‘Diamonds are Forever’
- The final of ‘Jerusalems Strictly Got The X-Factor Talent’ complete with judges.
- I welled up at tiny girls dressed as Angels.
Nothing new in the last one. Every year the reception kids tug at my heart strings with their tiny earnest faces. But the rest of it is just plain odd.
Tell you what tho – it was ACE, especially my boy – he definitely stole the show…..