I am a big fan of displacement activity, so this week, when I should be last minute shopping and wrapping, I baked instead. I love a chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache icing, and in light of the season I added a little Christmas spice for festive flavour.
- For the cupcakes:
- 110g Butter
- 110g Caster sugar
- 75g Self-raising flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Waitrose signature spice OR ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
- For the Ganache:
- 225g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125ml double cream
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs. (Don't panic if it looks split, the dry ingredients will bring everything together)
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Divide between 12 cupcake cases, then bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool before icing.
- For the icing simply gently heat the cream in a pan, then add the chocolate to the hot milk and stir until melted.
- Once iced you could add decorations, I chose some edible gold stars.
The added spice made the house smell lovely while they were cooking, and imbued the cakes with a lovely warm flavour. What smells make you feel festive?
Love Miss Cisco XXX